Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Deductible

Today I had a lady that has a government sponsored drug plan. This plan calculates your deductible based on your income. Which, of course, I don't know.

I'm guessing shse has a fairly small deductible. Why would I guess that? Simply because the lady clearly has trouble grasping normal day to day facts. Trust me. I had to talk to her for 20 minutes. 20 wasted minutes.

At any rate, she called me from home after wasting 20 minutes of my time while she was in the store. She wanted to know what her deductible was because she wanted some pills. I tried to tell her I don't know what the deductible is. However, I could try to bill it to the drug plan and if her deductible was satisfied, the government website would say so. That's all it tells me though. Satisfied or not. No extra info whereby I could deduce her (or anyone's) income.

She couldn't grasp that. another wasted 10 minutes. Finally she decided to go back to whatever daytime soap opera she watches. Thank gawd

I wish people would realize that knowing their drug plan info is THEIR job. not mine. There is no way I can know what your drug plan deductible etc is. There are so many of them that it is impossible.

And I don't really care. Figure it out!

No comments: