Tuesday, August 28, 2007

And There's 10 minutes I'll Never Get Back....

One of the local doctor's offices got a new voicemail system. There are many doctors on this system. When you call, your choices begin. "press one for Dr. Left, Right and Central, Press 2 for Dr. Red, Green or Blue..." this goes on and on. There are at least 3 of these menus you have to go through if you are unlucky and want Dr. Last-On-The-List. I ususally get pissed off and start pressing buttons at this point. After you have chosen your doctor, there are MORE choices.

"If you are a patient or calling on behalf of a patient press one...." This is usually the one I want. At which point there is ANOTHER fucking list. "For appointments press one, for the nurse press 2..." At which point I stab 2 and get her fucking machine becasue she is "away from her desk".

It literally takes me 10 minutes to get through this system just to leave a message like "I can't read the dose on john doe's rx of dammitol. Please call me at 555-5555"

And yet, if the doctor's office has to wait 30 seconds on hold to talk to a pharmacist, it's the end of the fucking world. What a piss off.

No comments: