Thursday, September 20, 2007

DIN woes

To the makers of Fragmin...you blow! It's bad enough that the boxes of the different strengths are basically the same and only have a stripe of colour to distinguish them. But every strength has the same DIN. Which completely fucks up my computerized billing system. I spent 20 minutes wrestling with my system in order to get my cost reimbursed from ODB. I wound up having to bill for 11 packs to get paid for 3! Because some other idjit has locked up the drug info screen so that I can't adjust the price. Which is locked in at the price for one of the weaker doses. In other words, cheaper.

And the client needs this today. As in actually needs it, not just wants it. I don't have 3 days to wrestle the billing into submission.

The argument for the same DIN for all pack sizes is that it is the same drug in each strength of syringe. Just the quantity varies. As I recall, we had the same problem with insulin when the penfills came out in 1.5ml and 3ml. So the government assigned the 3ml a pseudo-din so that the billing would work. Why can't we do that? All pharmacists would thank you forever.

No comments: