Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Dear Doctor

When you fax in a prescription for a narcotic, please make sure you sign it. If you are not going to sign it AND not respond to the fax I sent you politely asking for a signature, do you think it would be possible to put the correct phone number for your office on the damn prescription pad you faxed me?

I bothered some poor woman at home TWICE because you couldn't be bothered to check the new prescription pads for printing errors. Or maybe you are just cheap and figured you'd use them anyway. Which would be fine IF you scratched out the phone number.

While I was struggling with your stupid phone number fiasco to get the damn prescription done legally, your poor patient was sitting, or should I say drooping, in my waiting room, waiting for his much-needed pain meds. That is not good patient care.

Next time, it might be you waiting for your meds. And I probably won't be rushing to fill it ahead of the other poor sods in front of you.

No comments: