Thursday, November 29, 2007

Gotcha!

Today I had a "frequent flyer" irritate me. I was covering a shift for a colleage when the man came in. I recognized him as a dsi (drug seeking individual) from previous encounters, although I couldn't quite place at what store.

The technician came over and told me that the regular pharmacist will not sell Tylenol 1's (acetaminophen with 8mg codeine) to this man anymore. I looked over and saw that he was talking on his cell phone. I told the tech that when the fool stops blabbing into his cell phone, call me over and I will give him the bad news.

Ten minutes pass. He is still standing at the counter talking to his cellphone. the tech got irritated, went over and said that the pharmacist wanted to talk to him and wouldn't if he was going to keep talking to his cellphone. Idjit hangs up.

I went over and informed him that I wasn't selling him any T1's. He started hooting and hollering about "why not, I have had 5 surgeries, I'll drop my pants right here and show you the scars" etc... I informed him I wasn't interested and he should leave now. He then freaked out about how he was going to call the Medical Board and report me yadda yadda. I was quite entertained. Especially as it's not the Medical Board he needs to complain to, it's the College of Pharmacy. And this particular complaint would get him laughed out of town. After all, I don't have to sell him a chocolate bar, never mind T1's!

He kept ranting. I repeated that I didn't care what his excuse was and walked away.

He wandered around the store for another 10 minutes and then left.

Afterwards, I realized where I had seen this fool before. At another store, in a nearby town, in a fucking wheelchair getting his Oxycontin. On the taxpayer's dime. AND he called the store after he picked up his damned Oxycontin and claimed we had shorted him. Except, of course, we had counted his pills multiple times and knew he got the right quantity. We told him too damn bad, he could get the next batch in 2 weeks, since that was what the doctor ordered.

So, I have one burning question. Since he is on welfare, how could he afford a cellphone?

No comments: