Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wonderful End to the Day

My last 2 customers today.

First last customer: Can I have my Tylenol 3's now?
Me: No, the doctor has written that you can have them April 12th. Today is April 11th. Come back tomorrow.
Customer: But it's the end of today, can't you just date them for romorrow?
Me: No. Come back tomorrow
Customer: But I live out of town and I am here now....
Me: Sorry, regulations are quite clear on this.
Customer: (tearily) Oh, okay. (walks away disconsolately)

Actual last customer: I'm here to pick up my pills. My name is Bananna.
Me: Do you mean the pills you asked me to deliver? The ones I just gave to the driver 10 minutes ago?
Customer: Yes.
Me: Well, the driver has them and they should be delivered between 7 & 8pm.
Customer: Can't you...(trails off)
Me: The delivery man has your pills. He will deliver them. I guess you should go home so you will be there when he gets there.
Customer: Oh, yeah, I guess so...

What a great way to end the day!

No comments: